Friends of Petrie Island – 2019 Activities
Friends of Petrie Island (FOPI) are currently working to address damages from the spring flooding. We expect that programming and bookings will begin after Turtle Day, June 23. Earlier schedules will be accommodated if conditions allow.
- June 22- 10 am- 3 pm- Clean up Day – Meet at the tool shed
- June 23- Turtle Day
Wednesday Work Days- every Wednesday morning from 9- 12. Meet at the Tool shed.
- Guided Tours
- for Schools, Summer Camps and other childrens’ groups
- makes a special birthday party
- for Adults- great for family gatherings and workplace events,
To request a tour for your class or group please email us: email@example.com
NEW for 2019- Petrie Island Plant Group will meet Tuesday evenings to discuss local flora. Start date TBD
- July/ August Naturalist Education sessions – please see the Children’s Programs page for information on ages, themes, dates and costs. New this year – Youth Naturalist programming
- Tent and Picnic table rentals
Also watch for-
- Annual Open House
- an inventory of trees- including some of the rarer species found on Petrie Island such as hackberry and butternut
- a formal dedication for the new Volunteer Memorial Trail
- Rescheduled Jane’s Walk
Moved to whc.ca 2019/06/23.