Please follow COVID-19 rules: maintain physical distancing of 2 metres away from people not in your household ; wear a mask of physical distancing is difficult, use good hand and respiratory hygiene, do not attend if you have symptoms or feel unwell.
Petrie Island Plant Group
With growing interest in local flora, the Friends will be hosting a twice a month discussion group on the plants of Petrie Island. Participants will identify and learn about local species of herbaceous plants, vines, ferns, trees and shrubs, including some that are regionally or provincially significant. The group will explore the various uses of plants and how they contribute to our lives and the overall integrity of the environment.
- To increase awareness of the biodiversity of plants on Petrie Island.
- To provide an opportunity to see native plants in natural habitats with local experts
- To increase attendees’ knowledge of the traditional and potential uses of the plants and trees
Friends and Family Naturalist Sessions
We offer themed interpretive sessions for households or social circles (Max 10 people).
– Adapted for families with and/or without children.
– Themes can be chosen by YOU from a variety of our most
– Guided trail tours can be offered.
– Please register by submitting the form below. You will be contacted by a staff member of Friends of Petrie Island. Other questions? Email email@example.com
– Member prices: $10
– Non-member prices: $15 for 1-5 people OR $ 20 for 6-10 people
All tours will go on light rain or shine – please dress appropriately for the weather and wear closed toe shoes. Bring a water bottle, sunscreen and bug spray as needed.
Meet in front of the Nature Interpretation Centre on Petrie Island.