NOTE: We are monitoring water levels at Petrie Island. School tours can only be run when waters have receded.
Looking for a fun and educational end of year trip? Take your class or day camp on an adventure to Petrie Island to enjoy a morning or afternoon of the great outdoors! We run tours as soon as we open for the season until the end of August. Field trips involve a rotation through four stations: a tour of the Nature Center, a nature walk, a scavenger hunt and a free time period. Tours runs for about 2 hours and the fee is $5 per child (no charge for adults). Ours tours are great for all ages! We also have the option to include as part of the tour any topic in your curriculum, or for groups to take part in special projects, such as island cleanups.
To book a tour or if you have any questions: email@example.com
Adult tours are also available.
- Junior Naturalist program, (ages 2 – 5), approximately 1.5-2 hours (details below)
- Youth programs (ages 7 – 12), approximately 1.5-2 hours (details below)
- Home Schoolers programs May and June
We also offer tours of the Island for Youth groups, Guides and Scouts, Seniors, Home Schoolers – approximately ½ hour to 1 ½ hours. Registration: Young Naturalists
For information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Summer Naturalist Programs
Pre-registration is now available for our Naturalist Programs! You can sign up for multiple sessions in advance, at a reduced rate. Put your name on the e-mail list for the 2017 season.
Fees per child:
$20 for unlimited sessions
$10 for three sessions (plus $3 for each additional session)
$5 for a drop-in
Fill out the Naturalist Pre-Registration Form and bring it into the Nature Centre to be added to the list of Pre-Registered Naturalists.
Junior Naturalist (Ages 2-5)
- Tuesday 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Thursday 10:30am – 12:00pm
Youth Naturalist (Ages 6-12)
- Tuesday 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- Thursday 5:30pm – 7:00pm
This year’s Naturalist program will run from July 4th to August 31st , and the themes are as follows:
Tuesday Themes – Updated regularly
- Tuesday July 4th – Turtles
- Tuesday July 11th – Birds
- Tuesday July 18th – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Tuesday July 25th – Frogs
- Tuesday August 1st – Snails, Snakes & Spiders
- Tuesday August 8th – Fossils and Dinosaurs
- Tuesday August 15th – Bugs
- Tuesday August 22nd – Mammals
- Tuesday August 29th – Trees and Seeds
- Thursday July 6th – Fossils and Dinosaurs
- Thursday July 13th – Bugs
- Thursday July 20th – Mammals
- Thursday July 27th – Trees and Seeds
- Thursday August 3rd – Turtles
- Thursday August 10th – Birds
- Thursday August 17th – Fish
- Thursday August 24th – Frogs
- Thursday August 31st – Snails, Snakes & Spiders
Bilingual instructors available
email: email@example.com for any questions
Come out and earn a certificate and badge for every session that you attend in order for you and your child to become official naturalists of Petrie Island!!