Looking for a way to take your curriculum out in the field? Planning a birthday party or year end outing? Just looking for a fun and educational activity for your children’s group?
Come on an adventure to the wild side of Petrie Island to enjoy a morning or afternoon in the great outdoors! The Friends of Petrie Island run tours as soon as we open for the season until the end of August. Field trips involve a rotation through four stations: a tour of the Nature Center, a nature walk, a scavenger hunt and a free time period. Tours runs for about 2 hours and the fee is $5 per child (no charge for adults).
The tours are adapted to the age and preferences of the group. Special projects such as cleanup or removal of invasive species can also be accommodated.
To book a tour or if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult tours are also available.
Join us for hands-on themed education sessions on the ecology of Petrie Island, tailored for your child’s age and interests. Programming runs for approximately 1.5- 2 hours. See below for dates and themes. Become an official Young Naturalist of Petrie Island!!
- Preschool Naturalist program, (ages 2 – 5)
- Junior Naturalist program (ages 7 – 9)
- Youth Naturalist (ages 10 – 12)
- Sessions can be arranged for clubs, home schooled, birthday parties and youth groups.
Registration: Young Naturalists
For information contact: email@example.com
You can sign up for multiple sessions in advance, at a reduced rate. Put your name on the e-mail list for the 2019 season.
Fees per child:
$20 for unlimited sessions
$10 for three sessions (plus $3 for each additional session)
$5 for a drop-in
Fill out the Naturalist Pre-Registration Form and bring it into the Nature Centre to be added to the list of Pre-Registered Naturalists.
Pre-school Naturalist (Ages 2-5)
- Tuesday 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Thursday 10:30am – 12:00pm
Junior Naturalist (Ages 6-9)
- Tuesday 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- Thursday 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Youth Naturalist (ages 10-12)- pending registration
This year’s Naturalist program will run through July and August. The themes are as follows:
- Tuesday July 2 – Turtles
- Tuesday July 9 – Birds
- Tuesday July 16 – All About Water
- Tuesday July 23 – Frogs
- Tuesday July 30 – Snails, Snakes & Spiders
- Tuesday August 6 – Fossils and Dinosaurs
- Tuesday August 13 – Bugs
- Tuesday August 20 – Mammals
- Tuesday August 27 – Gardening Wonderland
- Thursday July 4 – Fossils and Dinosaurs
- Thursday July 11 – Bugs
- Thursday July 18 – Mammals
- Thursday July 25 – Gardening Wonderland
- Thursday August 1 – All About Water
- Thursday August 8 – Turtles
- Thursday August 15 – Birds
- Thursday August 22 – Fish
- Thursday August 29 – Frogs
Bilingual instructors available
email: firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions